- JJ Hardy and Adam Jones each went deep – their 14th and 16th of the year, respectively – with each also adding a single.
- Derrek Lee walked and had two hits, one of which was a two-run triple.
- Nolan Reimold had a clutch, bases loaded, double. He two runs driven in gives him 4 such games this year (out of 30). Just for comparison’s sake, Vlad drove in 2+ runs only 5 times (in 83 games).
- Brad Bergesen finally got another start – his first since the end of May – and though he wasn’t that sharp he was good enough to merit another one given the O’s issues. Final line; 5 IP, 8 H, 6 R (4 ER), 0 BB, 3 K. He did an OK job throwing strikes (possibly because he stuck with the fastball almost entirely), but there were too many long flyballs (two of which left the yard).
- The five pitchers that came out of the pen walked 5 batters and K’ed 3… and gave up 8 runs in 4 IP. The pen’s July ERA is now 6.18. Awesome.
Well, it was close for a while. Then the team’s remembered who’s who. Scoring 10 runs will get you a win most the majority of the time though.