- Alfredo Simon did a nice job, showing why I was a fan of him as a reliever. Tonight notwithstanding, he isn’t really a starter – but he can be solid out of the pen. Final line; 7 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 1 BB, 5 K. That’s the best start for an O’s pitcher in quite a while, so I think the Shutdown Sauce moniker is apt.
- Koji was his usual awesome self in relief – perfect inning with 2 K’s.
- Nick Markakis doubled twice and homered; almost getting his slugging percentage above .400 for the season.
- Matt Wieters walked twice, while Mark Reynolds doubled and walked.
- In all, the 8 of the O’s 9 hits went for extra bases and they drew 4 free passes. More of that please.
- Even being given a four run lead to work with, Kevin Gregg managed to make things way too “interesting”, walking the bases loaded and then having them cleared on a double. Good thing Mike Gonzalez saved the day (almost can’t believe I wrote that).
The losing streak is finally over. And the pitcher who ended it now has to go back to the Dominican Republic in relation to his maybe having killed someone.