- Jake Arrieta blew his fastball by a few people, but also had his usual shaky control. Some line-drives were caught, but there was also some less than stellar defense in the inning in which Detroit scored off of him. Final line; 6 IP, 6 H, 1 R, 2 BB, 3 K.
- Jason Berken. Good start to the season. Added 2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 3 K today, before Koji closed out the game.
- Nick Markakis laced line-drives all over the park, going 3-4 with a double.
- Brian Roberts’ second three-run home run of the season was the O’s big blow offensively. Roberts is the only Orioles with a longball this year, and he has driven in almost half of the team’s runs.
- Felix Pie showed his range in left-field, running down a couple of balls that no other O’s left-fielder (or maybe even outfielder, if you want to include Jones and Markakis) would have gotten to. Also added a hit at the plate.
- Matt Wieters picked up a couple hits (including a double) plus a walk, and looked good defensively behind the plate.
- Vlad still looks awful, and was 0-4 with a K.
It can’t go on forever, but I’m liking this string of 4-1 type wins. O’s are 4-0 and still in sole possession of first place.