Brad Bergesen makes his first start of the Spring for the Birds, against Pittsburgh’s Zach Duke. It’s nice to see Bergy on the mound again, and hopefully he can get up to full speed by the time the season starts.
* Bergesen pitched, and got three groundouts (no flyouts).
* Jason Berken pitched two quality innings, giving up just one hot and striking out one.
* Mark Hendrickson also had two scoreless, with a a single but two K’s.
* Will Ohman pitched a perfect inning and K’ed two himself. Still sitting on a 0.00 ERA this Spring.
* Kam Mickolio and Matt Albers each pitched scoreless innings to close things out.
* Luke Scott singled and walk, and drove in two. And he played first-base.
* Bergesen didn’t pitch all that well otherwise, giving up two runs on three hits and a walk.
* Felix Pie and Cesar Izturis – batting 1 and 2 – each went 0-3 with a couple strike-outs. We get it – they’re fast – but stop batting them at the top of the line-up, Dave.
* In general, more strike-outs (11) than baserunners (9, 5 hits and 4 walks) from the offense.
O’s get back in the win column with a 3-2 victory, and move to 2-6 for the Spring.