MASN is actually televising this one! Because it’s against the Yankees! And Jeremy Guthrie is pitching! (That’s not related to the game being on TV though, I imagine.)
* Guthrie struck out 7. Easily a Spring high for him.
* 25 year-old righty Pat Egan (no idea) struck out the side in the top of the ninth, with a solo home run mixed in.
* Adam Jones hit his 5th home run – a three-run bomb off of Javy Vazquez.
* Luke Scott also went yard was part of his two-hit night.
* Nolan Reimold doubles twice and singled.
* Matt Wieters walked and doubled, as did Brian Roberts. Miggy had a two-bagger and a single.
* As you can see, the bats were effective against Yankee pitching, knocking out 12 hits, drawing 5 walks, and putting a 7 on the scoreboard.
* The rest of Guthrie’s night, as he gave up 5 runs (4 earned) on 3 hits (including a homer) and 4 walks. His ERA sits over 7.
* Mark Hendrickson got two outs and gave up a three-run homer to David Winfree (who?).
* Matt Albers also gave up a home run, and additionally allowed an unearned run to score. He did K three in 2.1 IP though, without walking a batter.
The Orioles good offensive night wasn’t enough, as New York hit 4 home runs and won it 11-7. That drops the Birds to 10-14 on the Spring, but can still finish over .500 if they win out (last time I said that I forgot to count April games).