The O’s finally get to the last member of the AL East, with Jason Berken getting the start against a pretty mediocre Toronto Blue Jays line-up.
* Cla Meredith had yet another perfect inning.
* Jake Arrieta K’ed 4 in his 2 innings of work, giving up only a single and a long flyball that went just foul. (Amongst other events, of course.)
* Pedro Florimon walked in his only plate appearance and scored the O’s only run of the game. He also made a nifty play in the field at short. Not a high ceiling, but he might be the team’s shortstop of the near-ish future by default.
* Ty Wigginton got some work at second-base, which might be important with Brian Roberts hurt.
* Berken gave up 3 runs on 6 hits and a walk in 3 IP, while K’ing 2. He got 5 groundouts to 2 flyouts though, and I still believe in him for some reason.
* Kam Mickolio walked 3, though he gave up just one run on a solo home run in his 2 IP.
* The offense managed only one run on 2 hits and 3 walks.
The Orioles’ short winning-streak was stopped at 3 with their 4-1 loss. If the team starts the year struggling to score runs with Roberts out, how quickly will people use that as an excuse?