* David Hernandez took a no-hitter into the 5th inning, and finished with a line of 5.1 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 5 BB, 3 K. The NL is a little easier than the AL East, eh? It wasn’t even that good of a start though – he was fortunate that more hits didn’t fall in. Awesome by David Hernandez standard though.
* Adam Jones left the game with leg cramps, but before that he hit his 4th home run of the year – with a nice swing, staying inside the ball and taking it out to right-center – and drew his 5th walk.
* Craig Tatum – playing because Wieters fouled a ball off his knee yesterday (and not, you know, to just give Matt a day off) – picked up two hits, including a two-run bases loaded single. Also worked a base on balls.
* 6 walks to just 4 strike-out for the offense, and the one of the K’s was by Hernandez trying to bunt.
* Matt Albers relieved Hernandez, coming in with two on and one out. A walk and a groundout resulted in one run (charged to Hernandez). The next inning he gave up a double, a home run (to Willie Harris!), and a walk before being lifted.
The O’s hold on and win 5-3. Now 14-29 on the season. Nice start to interleague play.