* Guthrie was decent, giving up a couple of home runs but finishing with a quality start; 6.2 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 1 BB, 5 K. His fastball velocity looked down on MASN’s gun, but he did his job today.
* Julio Lugo might have locked down the lead-off spot for a little while, going 3-5 and driving in a run.
* Markakis singled twice (including a two-out bases loaded hit to plate a pair), walked, and even stole a base. There was the matter of an unfortunate missed dive in the outfield though.
* Reimold had a nice game, picking up a hit and a free pass, and scoring twice.
* Izturis also had a two-hit day – plus a walk, a stolen bases, three runs scored, and an RBI.
* Atkins and Tejada both took 0-fers, but that’ll happen. No one in the line-up looked too terrible, which is new.
It came as a surprise to me, but the O’s were able to put some runs on the board against Liriano and the Twins pen. The line-up managed 12 hits and 3 walks – which in past game might have meant 2-3 runs – but they were able to pick up some hits with runners in scoring position (finally). Birds win game one of the double-header 7-3, and improve to 9-21 on the season.