* Nick Markakis went 3-4 with his first home run of the season. All three hits were to the opposite field, giving up 13 hits to LF, 8 to CF, and just 2 to RF on the season. Hard to hit for much power when you never pull anything, but that’s one of the reasons he fits so much better in the two-spot in the line-up. Now if only he’d go back to walking some more.
* Miguel Tejada went 2-3 with two singles and a walk.
* Atkins and Izturis each picked up a couple of hits as well.
* Jeremy Guthrie wasn’t really fooling anyone, giving up a bunch of hard-hit balls. He couldn’t even make it out of the 5th inning, and finished with a line of 4.2 IP, 6 H, 7 R (6 ER), 1 BB, 4 K, 1 HR.
* Wieters had a rough night, striking out three times against Sabathia.
* Despite the 13 baserunners, the O’s could only push 3 runs across the plate.
The winning streak didn’t last too long, as the Orioles lose 8-3. That drops their record to 4-17, but at least they’re in position to actually win a series with Matusz on the mounds tomorrow (no game preview expected).