* Jake Arrieta was on his game, throwing a fair number of strikes and missing low when he threw balls. Final line; 6 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 5 K. He’s also finally gotten his K:BB ratio above 1 for the season, at 52 to 48.
* It’s faster to say that Josh Bell only got on base once via a hit or walk (he singled), and that was the worst offensive evening for a starting Oriole on the night.
* One of Nick Markakis’ base-knocks was his 10th home run of the year; a bomb to the right-center field power alley.
* Adam Jones also homered, crushing a ball to left.
* Felix Pie walked twice, giving him 6 free passes in his last 9 games.
* Matt Wieters went 3-5, and has his season OBP up to .330.
* Lefty reliever Pedro Viola made his first appearance in the majors since getting in 7 IP with the Reds at the end of last year (the extent of his ML work), and gave up a three-run home run.
I like this whole “offense” thing. The O’s take a second game from the Jays in as many days, and improve to 25-15 under Buck – that’s a .625 winning percentage (better than any team in baseball is at for the year as a whole, not that that means anything).